Alexander Khokhlov was born in Calcutta, India, on May 9, 1982. He is now based in Moscow and from 2013 works as a commercial photographer with his wife, designer and retouching expert Veronica Ershova. Alexander is an official ambassador of Hensel-Visit GmbH & Co. KG for Russia.
The wildly popular black and white Weird Beauty series and coloured 2D or not 2D were created in 2012 and 2013. A mixture of face art, photography and complicated post-production allowed the creation of two-dimensional posters. The work Silhouette from Weird Beauty series was chosen as main promo image of 11th Dubai Film Festival and featured in the book Illusion Confusion: The Wonderful World of Optical Deception by famous publishing house Thames & Hudson (London). In 2016 2D or not 2D series and Alexander Khokhlov's interview were featured in "Connect the World" show by CNN channel.
The result of reincarnation of Marge Simpson made by Alexander and Veronica (MUA) in 2014 was scary but attracting - the YouTube backstage video went viral and got more than 1,700 000 views, provoked many copiers and is still popular.
In 2018 Alexander Khokhlov and Veronica Ershova tried themselves as dog photographers. As a result, two following series Dogs Alike and Dog Show got several photography awards including the winning of PDN's Faces contest for the Dog Show project.
Alexander’s works and interviews are featured in world mass media including CNN, Town & Country, PDN Magazine, Scientific American MIND, Professional Photographer, Talk Magazine, Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, Wired, Holland Herald, Stern, 20 minutos, Quotation, Life magazine, Petapixel.com, Phlearn.com and others.
Clients:Four Seasons (Moscow, Russia),
Hilton Bankside (London, UK),
SVA Zürich (Switzerland),
Solid Gold Pet (USA),
MKTG Communication (Paris, France),
Lotus Galleries restaurant (Sydney, Australia),
Mother and child clinics (Moscow, Russia),
Saum und Viebahn (Germany).
Awards:- Moscow International Foto Awards 2018, Nature (The Dog Show), 1st Place
- 11th International Color Awards, Dogs Alike (Fashion), Honorable Mention
- PDN Faces 2017, Animal Portraits (Professional category), Winner
Trierenberg Super Circuit:
- 2016, Weird Beauty (Series and sequences), Gold Medal
- 2017, Dogs Alike (Series and sequences), Gold medal
Prix De La Photographie, Paris (PX3):
- 2017, Fashion/Advertising (Dogs Alike series), Gold
- 2017, Professional Nature/Domestic Animals (The Dog Show), Silver
International Photography Awards (IPA):
- 2015, Fine Art/Portrait (Shapes and illusions series), Honorable Mention
- 2016, Fine Art/Portrait (Wild Soldiers), 3rd place
Fine Art Photography Awards 2016 - Conceptual category, Shapes and illusions series, Nominee
Neutral Density Photography Awards (ND Awards) 2015 - Fine Art (Shapes and illusions), 3rd place
One Eyeland Photography Awards:
- 2015, Fine Art/Portrait (Shapes and illusions series), 2nd place
- 2016, Fine Art/Portrait, People/Portrait, Editorial/War/Conflict (Wild Soldiers), 3rd place